An unannounced update?? Wha-a-a-a-t?
We decided to put out an update with some of the smaller bits and bobs we’ve been fixing since 0.8.1 so you can enjoy them NOW!
This update includes: Level Editor Improvements, Bug Fixes, and “Now Playing” interfaces!
Level Editor Improvements
Now you can re-style any re-skinnable level item with the new Custom Color picker!
The Corner Wedge
Unassuming yet powerful, the Corner Wedge is perfect for smoothing out the sharp edges of level elements.
Resize it, and it still looks good. Wow!
The Light Pillar
It’s light, in that it is lighter than the dark pillar. And it emits light.
We smashed a bunch of bugs!
- Head kills now require 3 or more head voxels to be damaged. Shave carefully!
- Arrows you JUST deflected should not hit your body after deflection — and, conversely, arrows that already hit you should not be deflected). Your death should feel normal! (We’re still hunting down one more edge case of this, but should happen way less often. Holler if you see it!)
- Player movement while on overlapping moving platforms should work better!
- Swinging forwards with block arrows should now always block arrows in front of you.
- Free Clones at the beginning of the first plays of challenges should now be properly gifted! <3 <3 <3
- Author names for workshop items should now consistently show up.
- The Level Editor Inspector now SCROLLS! So you can now have a ton of trigger zones and be able to use them when configuring moving platforms.
- Mousewheel scrolling the level editor zoom is faster!
- Mousewheel scrolling for the Level Editor Library now works and feels good! And doesn’t zoom the level in and out!
- Ctrl + D to duplicate does not pan the level editor to the left anymore.
- Restarting an endless playtest when you have upgrade points will now re-spawn you in the upgrade room (so you can use your points!)
- You can now type decimal numbers 0.___ in the Level Editor’s Scale fields without it annoyingly putting 0.01 when you type 0.
- Have a ton of levels? The level list for the challenge creation screen now has a scroll bar!
Find a new bug or the recurrence of one we thought we fixed?! Upset we didn’t fix the one that is bugging YOU? Send it along to us! We’ll make sure it’s in our bug tracker, prioritized relative to everything else we want to add to / improve in the game, and Erik and I may even get around to SMASHING IT!
It used to be impossible to tell what workshop endless level you were playing, let alone rate or unsubscribe from them quickly.
Now you can just check the TV:
Open the Escape Menu…
Beat the challenge:
Or just wait for the insta-voter to slide out after you beat the level! (Vote quickly using your keyboard!)
Subscribe to a bunch of endless levels and challenges to try it all out, and share your opinion on workshop levels!
We wanted to get this mini-update out ASAP so you can start playing with it all now, but this is not all we’ve been working on. The next major update launches on June 25.
And we’re posting a preview of it… very soon! Watch out for it!