Based in Oakland, CA, USA
Early 2021 (TBD)
March 2017 (Steam)
Steam - Early Access
Nintendo Switch (2021)
PlayStation 4 (2021)
Xbox One (2021)
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is a robot voxel slice-em-up where any part of your body can be sliced off, which plays out across a variety of singleplayer, online multiplayer and online co-op modes. With your human mind downloaded into a robot gladiator, you must survive the sinister trials of the arena and join the human resistance against the evil robot empire.
Doborog Games was founded by solo indie developer Erik Rydeman (Playfish, Popcap and EA Mobile) and has since grown into a small core team of 5. Their first full game, Clone Drone in the Danger Zone, started as a small prototype that quickly gathered traction on YouTube and launched into Steam Early Access in 2017. The game has since sold hundreds of thousands of copies, is regularly listed in the Early Access top sellers lists, and has built a loyal fanbase with a regular flow of updates. In 2021 Clone Drone in the Danger Zone will see its full release as well as a launch on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Unique Slice-and-Dice Gameplay: Perfectly time every attack in intense physics-based combat where any part of the body can be precisely sliced off, and each hit can mean death
- Surprising Weapons: Equip your robot to fit your playstyle with weapons like flame swords and giant hammers to equipment like jet packs, piston-powered superkicks and flame-throwing dinosaurs
- Single player adventure: Dive into an epic tale of human defiance against robot overlords in story mode or tackle endless and challenge modes
- Online-Coop: Use the power of human friendship (and laser swords!) to survive in the arena
- Online Versus mode: Battle friends in “Last Bot Standing” - A Battle-Royale-like game mode with up to 15 players, or fight in 1v1 duels
- Level Editor: Make custom levels and challenges and share them with other humans! Explore the rich Workshop library of nearly 30,000 awesome human-built levels (exclusive to Steam)
- Entertaining Commentary: With over 38,000(!!!) spoken words, Commentatron and Analysis-Bot provide a running commentary of your performance and react to your activities.
Co-Op - Blitz + Drae YouTube
Slicey Gifs ⚔
Logo & Icon
- "Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is Monty Python meets Gladiator with robots. It's top fun."
- Robert Purchese, Eurogamer
- "Each victory feels satisfying. Each failure feels brutal."
- Heather Alexandra, Kotaku
- "The destruction physics are some of the best I’ve seen in years"
- Toby Roundhill, Big Boss Battle
- "Clone Drone in the Danger Zone looks insanely fun!"
- Lachlan Cosgrove, A 90s Kid
- "A fabulous low poly robot sword fighting game with a wicked sense of humor"
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "La musique en combat est vraiment géniale"
- Game Guide, game-guide.fr
- "Bender would really love this game."
- FBG, FutureBetaGamer
Doborog Games allows for the contents of Clone Drone in the Danger Zone to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is legally & explicitly allowed by Doborog Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://clonedroneinthedangerzone.com/press/sheet.php?p=clone_drone_in_the_danger_zone.
About Doborog Games
Doborog is a small indie game development company intent on making awesome games for you!
More information on Doborog Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone Credits