Based in Oakland, CA, USA
Mar 16, 2017 (Early Access)
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is a third person sword fighter where any part of your body can be sliced off. With your mind downloaded into a robot gladiator, you must survive the sinister trials of the arena.
The game is the first release from Doborog Games. It was created by solo Indie Developer Erik Rydeman, a veteran of Playfish, Popcap and EA Mobile. The team has since grown to 3 people working full time on the game. The Open Alpha first launched on Itch.io, followed by a Steam Early Access release six months later. It has seen regular updates, to the delight of fans and YouTubers.
- Epic Voxel Dismemberment: In addition to looking cool, the ability to cut off body parts is central to the gameplay. Jumping on one leg is a common occurrence. Large enemies need to be cut down to size before a fatal blow can be delivered.
- Sharp Sword Combat: Combat is fast and intense, putting great emphasis on movement, timing and positioning. You are never safe, as any blow can instantly kill or dismember.
- Entertaining Commentary: With over 10000 spoken words, Commentatron and Analysis-Bot provide a running commentary of your performance and react to your activities.
Twitch Mode YouTube
IMPOSSIBLE INFERNO CHALLENGE! - LazarBeam YouTube
HAMMER OF JUSTICE - jacksepticeye YouTube
SPIDERTRON 6000! - Icy Caress YouTube
Robot Sword Fighting Battle Royale! - Draegast YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured on the front page of itch.io" Launch Day, Sep 26, 2016
- "Each victory feels satisfying. Each failure feels brutal."
- Heather Alexandra, Kotaku
- "The destruction physics are some of the best I’ve seen in years"
- Toby Roundhill, Big Boss Battle
- "Clone Drone in the Danger Zone looks insanely fun!"
- Lachlan Cosgrove, A 90s Kid
- "A fabulous low poly robot sword fighting game with a wicked sense of humor"
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "La musique en combat est vraiment géniale"
- Game Guide, game-guide.fr
- "Bender would really love this game."
- FBG, FutureBetaGamer
About Doborog Games
Doborog Games is a one man Independent Game Studio, making heartfelt games you haven't seen before.
More information on Doborog Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone Credits