Based in Concord, USA
26 Sep, 2016
Itch.io (PC / Mac)
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is a third person sword fighter where any part of your body can be sliced off. With your mind downloaded into a robot gladiator, you must survive the sinister trials of the arena.
The game is the first release from Doborog Games. It was developed by solo Indie Developer Erik Rydeman, a veteran of Playfish, Popcap and EA Mobile. The Open Alpha just launched on Itch.io to an enthusiastic reception by early adopters. A Steam release is planned for 2017.
- Epic Voxel Dismemberment: In addition to looking cool, the ability to cut off body parts is central to the gameplay. Jumping on one leg is a common occurrence. Large enemies need to be cut down to size before a fatal blow can be delivered.
- Sharp Sword Combat: Combat is fast and intense, putting great emphasis on movement, timing and positioning. You are never safe, as any blow can instantly kill or dismember.
- Entertaining Commentary: With 3,068 spoken words, Commentatron and Analysis-Bot provide a running commentary of your performance and react to your activities.
Gameplay Video - Draegast (1M subs) YouTube
Gameplay Video - Hypercore Ripper (46k subs) YouTube
Gameplay Video - Gaming Faster than Light! (16k subs) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured on the front page of itch.io" Launch Day, Sep 26, 2016
- "A fabulous low poly robot sword fighting game with a wicked sense of humor"
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "Bender would really love this game."
- FBG, FutureBetaGamer
- "La musique en combat est vraiment géniale"
- Game Guide, game-guide.fr
- "The combat in Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is fast and fierce"
- Nate Hohl, Indie Obscura
- "That was amazing! Oh my god. This game is so great."
- AdamBomb, Youtube Streamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Upcoming Features Blog Post
A hint as what is yet to come. clonedroneinthedangerzone.com.
About Doborog Games
Doborog Games is a one man Independent Game Studio, making heartfelt games you haven't seen before.
More information on Doborog Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone Credits
All The Things
Additional Design and Art